Flying Capacitor Multicell converters : April 1990 – May 1998
- Invention of multicell converters allowing to
increase the power attainable with existing semiconductors, and to increase the
apparent switching frequency (several patents)
- Transfer to Cegelec, Converteam and Alstom, and development of
locomotives and industrial drives using this technology. Today the industrial
systems using this topology handle a total power of more than 1GW.
Head of the Static Converter Group at the LEEI : September 1994 until September 2001
- I have directed the Static Converter Group for seven years. In average, this group involves
eight permanent people and ten to fifteen Ph.D. students
Switchmode AC/AC converters : June 1998 – June 2005
- Invention of switchmode ACAC converters for
direct adjustment of an AC votage source (two patents)
- Transfer to Schneider Electric, development of
electronic variacs and public lighting regulators.
Stacked MultiCell Converters : January 2000 – 2006
- Invention of SMC converters allowing a substantial reduction of the capacitors used in MultiCell converters (patented)
- Evaluation and transfer to ABB and General Electric.
Parallel MultiCell Converters and InterCell
Transformers : 2006-Today
- Understanding flux dixtribution in Intercell
transformers lead us to take two patents on the permutation of phases in
Parallel MultiCell converters to reduce losses and weight.
- Evaluation and transfer to the industry is currently in progress
Design tools for multicell power converters : 2010-Today
- Interactive design tools, references and examples of industrial products using our patents: